Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /services16/webpages/util/s/j/sjinst.site.aplus.net/public/index.php on line 13
The objectives of the Sino-Judaic Institute are:
- The study of the ancient Jewish community of Kaifeng, the capital of China during the Song Dynasty, where Jews have been living now for over a millennium, and assisting the Kaifeng Jewish descendants to reconnect with their cultural heritage as appropriate.
- The study of cross-cultural issues such as adoption of children, intermarriage, literary influences, comparative diasporas, religion, etc.
- Working with Chinese authorities to promote tourism to Kaifeng and to open current exhibits on the Kaifeng Jews to the public.
- The study of Jewish life in Shanghai, Harbin, Tianjin, Hong Kong and elsewhere in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The study of Sino-Israeli relations.
- The support of Jewish Studies programs in China and fostering scholarship in this field.
- Providing grants to scholars, authors, filmmakers and others to pursue research or creative endeavors in this arena.
- Engagement with the contemporary Jewish communities in China on matters of mutual interest.
- Working cooperatively with scholars and students in Jewish Studies and Chinese Studies programs around the world, and with other NGOs on Sino-Jewish subjects.